FAQ about Drought and Water Scarcity
FAQs about Drought and Water Sacarcity
1. What is drought and how is it related to water scarcity?
2. What is the alteration of the water cycle and how does it affect droughts?
3. How are drought, deforestation and water scarcity related?
4. What is the difference between drought and desertification?
5. What are the main causes of drought?
6. What are the consequences of drought?
7. How many kinds of droughts are there and what are they?
8. How does drought affect food security?
9. Which are the countries most affected by the drought?
Other sections of Drought and Wtaer Scarccity
Every year on June 17, the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is celebrated throughout the world. This year the theme is “Rising up from drought together”, seeks to promote early and timely action to avoid consequences that can be described as disastrous for humanity and planetary ecosystems.
Our planet could have been called “Water” instead of Earth, because of the immense amount of the vital liquid that it houses. For something is blue and not ocher, although the atmosphere also helps paint that wonderful tone, envy of the other planets of the Solar System, not to mention the exuberant and varied life that has developed on Earth, precisely thanks to water.