UN Climate Action Summit 2019
and other conferences
The UN Climate Action Summit is convened by the United Nations Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, will be held at the headquarters in New York City, on September 23, 2019, within the framework of the Annual Assembly of the United Nations.
This Climate Action Summit is called to be the last warning step to all the countries participating in the Paris Agreement. It will seek to increase the ambition of the countries, that world leaders assume the challenge of taking all the necessary measures to make their entry into force feasible, so that their objectives can be met, avoiding the increase in temperature to more than 1.5º C, only possibility to stop the destruction of the planet by global warming. This has been explained by the scientists who integrate the IPCC work panels and detail it in their latest report to the world.
Accompanying this summit, complementary events will be developed, which incorporate different sectors of influence on the issue of climate change. The aim is to maximize “ambition” to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement, encouraging both public and private sectors to develop policies aimed at achieving substantial changes, leading to the eradication of greenhouse gases by use of fossil fuels for power generation.
Activities at the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly
- UN Climate Action Summit 2019. 23 September 2019 at UN Headquarters in New York. General Assembly Hall.
- Youth Climate Summit. 21 September 2019 United Nations headquarters, New York.
- High-level Political Forum (HLPF) SDG SUMMIT 2019. 24-25 September 2019, United Nations headquarters, New York.
- High-Level Dialogue on Financing for Development. 26 September 2019. Trusteeship Council Chamber, United Nations Headquarters, New York.
Other activities simultaneously
- 25 years of the UNFCCC. 21 September, from 2:00-3:30 pm in Conference Room 11 at the UN Headquarters, New York
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Meeting. September 20-23, 2019. Grimaldi Forum, Montreal, Monaco.
- Climate Week NYC. September 23 – 29, 2019, New York City.